An update with what’s been happening since the club closed due to the Covid -19 virus. Everyone’s safety is of paramount importance to the committee, therefore a number of things have been going on behind the scenes to enable us to look forward to a return to playing. Whilst we look towards the day we can re-open, we will look at different phases and this email seeks to inform you of phase 1.
Phase One (Limited Opening)
• Limited time at the club – the Club will operate on a single
court basis which will only be bookable in advance using the Payne
System and on the hour. i.e. 7am, 8am 9am etc.
• The new booking system will provide 20 minutes between the conclusion of a game and the start of the next game.
• Members not to enter the club until 5 minutes prior to their court time – to allow members who have played to leave the premises.
• A separate exit to be provided through the fire exit on the ground floor (same floor as the courts) using a green button to allow the door to open.
• No competitions and no spectators.
• No one to enter the balcony area. (Except Club Coaches)
• All showers and changing areas to remain closed.
• New handwashing stations are to be provided at the entrance, outside of each court and at the exit, with alcohol/hand sanitizer.
• Members only – No guests – No double fobbing as we need to keep a record of all members who have attended at the club. Members to bring their own water with them.
• A more robust cleaning regime and more often.
• Only two people in the club at any one time – therefore no doubles. (Apart from a Club coach)
• A specific time to be given over to those members who fall into the higher risk category to Covid 19 (details to follow)
• Anyone ignoring the above rules will receive a month’s suspension.
All members now have the ability to pay for lights using PayPal which can be accessed via the normal Payne booking portal. (PayPal take a small portion for providing this facility) The club has also applied for funding and has been successful which will assist in the Club surviving these difficult times. (Thank you to David Morris)
As you would expect we hope that members will comply with the above and also exercise common sense and not attend at the club if they are suffering / displaying symptoms of Covid -19.
Kind Regards Ferriby Squash and Racketball Committee.
Despite the committee’s best endeavours, it is with a heavy heart that we must announce that following the Prime Minister’s advice tonight Ferriby Hall Squash and Racketball club will be closed until further notice.
Please do not try and enter the club as the passcode has been changed and you won’t be able to get in. We intend that the club will be closed for the minimum amount of time possible and as soon as the government advice allows, we will reopen.
If you have any questions please contact Steve Birss, the Chairman, who will do his best to answer them. In the meantime, the committee wish you and yours all the best in these trying times and we hope to see you all again soon.
Regards, The Committee
Please be advised that the club will not be closing but is taking precautions during these difficult times. All surfaces, door handles etc. are cleaned daily with anti-bacterial spray.
The below is from the NHS website:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
There are soap dispensers in the male and female changing areas for you to use.
If you feel unwell or think you may have had recent contact with someone who may be exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms then please do not attend the club.
Run by England Squash, the Dunlop English Junior Championships will also be held at Ferriby Hall Squash Club this year. The competition runs from 6-8 March 2020 and is also held at Riding, Haltemprice and the University. https://www.englandsquash.com/ejc
Congratulations to South Hunsley who won the stage 1 tounament held at Ferriby Hall Squash Club on Wednesday 13th Novemeber, beating Hymers College, Ackworth School and Lincoln Minster School.
Could all club members please park in our car park behind the barrier. The other parking areas do not belong to us. There is a risk you could be clamped or towed away for parking in a private car park. Thank you.
Sorry if we sound like a stuck record but there have been more incidents, recently, of marking shoes being worn on court (particularly court 3), this is unacceptable! Please ensure that all people going on court have the correct footwear, this means outdoor shoes should be changed for court shoes before going on court.
This Tuesday night the club security alarm was triggered and a Security Patrol Officer sent out to investigate the club (for which we are billed) after the front door had been left propped open with the mat. Please be reminded that under no circumstances should the front door be propped open and when you are leaving the club please ensure that the mat is not impeding the door closing. If you see the front door propped open, please close it.
Congratulations to Mike Clemson British Over 75 champion May 2019
Reminder to all members, when leaving the club empty please switch off all lights. Save money and the environment!
There are a few court advertising slots avaialbale if you are interested in becoming a court sponsor please contact any of the committe members for more information.
Matches per Week
Years of History